In order for users to use the Online Programme, it must be published.
Publishing is done from the Programme Editor using the Publish button, selecting Publish Content and clicking Publish.
The publishing process runs in the background and has the following steps:
- Fetch data from the programme being published.
- Convert the data into JSON.
- Fetch the Page Templates defined for the project.
- Use the JSON data with the handlebars Page Template to produce Html
- Cache the HTML in the database
Depending on the size of the programme, the publish process can take several minutes. The progress of the publish is displayed using notifications.
NOTE: More than one programme can be published at the same time by selecting multiple programmes from the Programmes grid and clicking Publish selected programmes.