For the majority of people, signing up or logging into Firebird is a swift and easy exercise whether using social login or email address and password.
If you are not able to log in or do not receive an email when resetting your password then you may have not yet signed up for a user account. Try clicking on Sign Up at the top, enter your email address and a new password and then click on the Sign Up button at the bottom:
If the email address already exists then you will get the following message
In this case, click on the Log In tab and enter your email address and password. If you do not know your password then please see our Resetting your Password guide.
Otherwise, you should be now logged in with the email address and password you just set. If you are still having problems then please see further troubleshooting tips below.
These troubleshooting tips can help you work out if there are problems with your computer settings or computer network that could be causing issues with the login.
- Check you can access http://login.firebird.systems. You should be redirected to the Firebird home page.
If you are not then you may need your firewall opening up. Contact your IT administrator saying that you need access to http://login.firebird.systems.
- Check you can access the external Login Page. If will display an error but if the page appears then this test passes:
If you are not able to see the login page then but you can go to http://login.firebird.systems then contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
- Check you can access http://firebird.eu.auth0.com
You should be redirected to the Auth0 home page.
If you are not then contact your IT administrator saying that you need access to http://firebird.eu.auth0.com.
- If you are behind a firewall then make sure the Auth0 IP addresses are whitelisted. See https://auth0.com/docs/guides/ip-whitelist for the full list and go to the European section
- Check that you are using the latest version of Chrome, Firebird, Safari or Edge. This website will tell you if you are using the latest version of your browser. Older browsers are not supported by Firebird.
- Try logging in using a different browser and test using a new Icognito or Private browser session. If this works then you may need to clear cookies on your browser. Ask you IT administrator for assistance.
- Test using a different email address from a different domain e.g. Use email@example.com instead of firstname.lastname@example.org. If neither works then it implies that there may be a setting on your computer or computer network that is blocking the login.
If one email address works and the other does not then please contact email@example.com for further assistance.
- If you are on a laptop or mobile device, try connecting to a different network e.g. Home network instead of Work network. If one network works but the other does not then please contact the IT Adminsitrator of the network that is not working - it is most likely a firewall issue.
- Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser. Firebird stores a secure cookie on your computer with your login details. This website gives some guides on how to do this. If your computer has restrictions on it and you are not able to enable cookies then please contact your IT administrator.
If you are still having problems then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.